EB1-A Alien of Extraordinary Ability
To initiate the application, the individual must file Form I-140, Petition for Alien Worker, with USCIS and include evidence that they satisfy the category's specific criteria. It's also advisable to file a National Interest Waiver petition to bypass the labor certification requirement, thereby asserting that the individual's presence in the U.S. serves its national interest. The candidate must convincingly demonstrate their intention to pursue work in their area of expertise upon arriving in the U.S., even though a job offer is not a prerequisite.
To qualify, the applicant must either have been honored with a major award of international acclaim, such as a Nobel Prize, or provide a combination of at least three out of ten possible types of evidence, including:
- Receipt of nationally or internationally recognized prizes or awards for excellence.
- Membership in associations that demand outstanding achievement from their members.
- Published material in professional or major trade publications, or other major media, about the applicant and their work.
- Evidence of the applicant's role as a judge of the work of others in their domain or related fields.
- Proof of significant, original contributions to their field.
- Authorship of scholarly articles in professional journals or other major media.
- A record of displaying the applicant's work at significant exhibitions.
- Documentation of the applicant's performance in a leading or critical role for organizations with a distinguished reputation.
- Evidence that the applicant commands a high salary or other significantly high remuneration for services, in comparison to others in the field.
- Proof of commercial successes in the performing arts, as shown by box office receipts or music sales, for instance.
- Any other evidence that meets similar criteria.
The Ahluwalia Firm is Committed to:
- Providing vigorous representation before the USCIS.
- Conducting a thorough analysis of the individual's unique situation.
- Managing all correspondence with government agencies meticulously.
- Delivering a quality of service designed to go beyond client expectations.