E-3 Australian Visa

The E-3 Australian visa is available only to Australian nationals to work in a "specialty occupation" in the U.S. A specialty occupation is one that requires highly specialized knowledge acquired through a four-year college degree. To qualify under this visa the Australian national needs to have earned at least a Bachelor's degree or its equivalent, or have progressive experience that is equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in the U.S. An Australian national also needs a job offer from a U.S. employer. E-3 visa applications can be submitted only to a U.S. Consulate. Unlike the H-1B specialty occupation visa, the E-3 visa cannot be filed from within the U.S. The website of the U.S. Consulate General in Sydney, Australia can be accessed for information about the E-3 visa at: http://canberra.usembassy.gov/e3visa.htmlAlso the State Department website can be accessed for additional E-3 visa information at: http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1275.html

Family Members:

An E-3 visa employee's spouse and unmarried children, who are under twenty-one (21) years of age, are eligible for the E-3D dependent visa. The spouse and children do not need to be Australian citizens. The spouse of the E-3 visa holder may apply for work authorization after he or she is admitted to the United States in E-3D visa status.

Validity Period:

An E-3 employee and their derivative family members may be admitted in the U.S. for a period up of to two years. The validity of the visas may be renewed for up to two years at a time as long as the holder continues to meet the E-3 visa qualifications.

Evidentiary Requirements for the E-3 Specialty Occupation Visa for Australians:

  • Copy of the certified Labor Condition Application
  • Evidence of the employer’s ability of to pay wages and a job offer
  • Employment agreement between the employer and the employee
  • Evidence that the job will be in a specialty occupation
  • Evidence that the employee has the requisite college degree or its equivalent to a four-year college degree in the U.S.
  • If the job requires a license or other permit to practice in the U.S., a copy of the employee’s license or permit
  • Evidence of the foreign national’s ties back home or any other evidence that shows intent to return to their home country

At The Ahluwalia Firm, our emphasis is on:

  • providing zealous representation before the USCIS
  • providing careful review of your personal circumstances
  • providing careful coordination of all correspondence with government agencies
  • providing dependable advice and assistance on how to present yourself at the interview
  • ensuring a service-delivery model that meets and exceeds your satisfaction

For additional information about our ability to help, prepare, and file all the necessary documents required to apply for E-3 Australian visa, contact us for reliable advice.

Source: www.uscis.gov